New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Outlook 2003. I have my own domain name which I use for e-mail with e-mail forwarding to my comcast account. I have accounts set up in outlook (including my default account) using my own domain name so I can send from my personal e-mail. That works fine except when replying to e-mail. Outlook always wants to send from the comcast account, even if the mail was originally sent to my personal domain. I can deal with this as I just choose the personal account from the Account dropdown list before I send, but my wife is having fits. She wants to be able to just hit reply and send. We are switching to Verizon soon and people are starting to use the personal e-mail address, but if they get replies from the comcast account it is really going to confuse them. Also, after we switch I really don't want anyone to have the verizon address in case we switch again in the future. Does anyone know how to force Outlook to use a particular account in replying or at least to reply from the e-mail address the e-mail was sent to?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Why are you forwarding them, just set up the private domain email in your Outlook and have them download there. Then when you reply it will go from the correct address.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My private domain does not provide e-mail services (i.e., no POP or SMTP servers), just mail forwarding so I have to use the comcast (soon verizon) servers to deliver and send mail.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wright View Post
    My private domain does not provide e-mail services (i.e., no POP or SMTP servers), just mail forwarding so I have to use the comcast (soon verizon) servers to deliver and send mail.
    Set up the comcast account details in Outlook with your personal email address as the visible AND reply to addresses. That way, even if the email goes out from comcast, it should appear to have been sent from your personal account and (more importantly), any replies will also go to your personal account.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, that appeared to do the trick. I guess it doesn't really matter what Outlook says as long as the recipient sees it as coming from my personal account.

Thanks for the help!