5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In 2007, I copied a data table from another workbook into a tab in my current workbook, and used that tab as a pivot table source. Now, however, when I refersh the table I get yet another warning from Excel that has something to say about the dangers of an external source and do i trust it etc. Yet the source is in the workbook itself and is not external. In fact, this question led me to replace the original data in the tab with the new set. And I had this named as a Dynamic Range name in the workbook and again got this external threat message.(I had a heck of a time understanding that Name Manager) Am I missing something or is this over-doing it? Between this stuff and Compatibilty modes, I'm at my wit's end. TYIA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    T.

Just a thought, but did you do a straight paste or a paste values.
    You may have copied a reference to the original file if you did a straight paste.

R.G.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good question, I believe I just pasted. Paste values might have avoided a problem, but even in the first instance, before I tried a re-copy, why should Excel be warning me about an external source when the original data was in the workbook?