Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Like the title says, I'm a long time Acronis True Image user. I have used ATI 2009 several times to restore my system and have had no problems. It takes an hour or two to run a full image, and much less to restore one. It automatically takes care of all partitioning tasks during the restore process. I use a Western Digital external USB drive to save my backups, and I have never tried any other program.

I'm thinking of doing some work on my system soon and wondered if maybe Windows Backup would be more convenient. I'm just wondering what you folks that use it have to say. Is it a good program for complete system backup and restore.

Rusty

Thanks
    Hi and welcome

Acronis without question. I have helped to many other ppl with problems using win 7's built in backup and restore.

Good Luck

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Ken.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I too am a long time Acronis user but recently have been trying out Macrium Reflect which is worth a look. Click here

Thanks
    I recently downloaded and installed ATI home 2010 for $40. It seems much quicker and much more capabilities than Win 7 backup. I did not like the user interface of Macrium Reflect as much. In order to get a feature set similar to Acronis you would have to get the paid version. I'm unsure if the user interface is any more user friendly or is the same as the free version. So far I have been very happy with ATI Home 2010.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm still using ATI 2009 v.9709 and it does everything I need (that I know of). I have restored an image since I've had Windows 7, so I trust it. I made a flash drive bootable with Acronis recovery files to after a scare with the CD the other day.

I was curious about the Windows backup, but after the replies I got, I don't see any point in trying it.

Thanks
    I'm using Windows Backup and it has been suitable for my needs right now.
    The advantage is that one doesn't need a 3 rd party application for simple image and restore jobs.

I've used Shadow protect and Acronis in the past with XP
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.