New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have removed xp from my comp and installed win 7. Have 2 hard drives each with capacity of 250gb, after installing windows 7 the 2 drives now read 125gb, also the 2nd drive which was split into 4 partitions is now showing only 3 and these are indicating full when in fact there is no data on them. both drives were formatted prior to installing win 7.I have been into BIOS and both show 250gb. I also enabled them in BIOS but they still indicate as previously described. Any one had similiar experiences and if so how was the problem but right. This is not a BIOS problem, it is certainly a wind 7 problem. If any one out there can help it will be greatly appreciated.
    John

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Irving View Post
    ....after installing windows 7 the 2 drives now read 125gb, also the 2nd drive which was split into 4 partitions is now showing only 3 and these are indicating full ....
    Can you confirm that this is in Disk Management in the Computer Management applet in the Admin Tools subfolder of Control Panel. Or is this in Windows Explorer?
    Grüße

Thanks
    By what means were the two drives formatted?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for getting back to me. Managed to resolve the prob by going into disc management, right clicking the non allocated drive and selectling simple drive volume, a wizard appears and by following it through it eventually formats the drive and returns it to full usable volume.
    Many thanks John Irving