New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I read with great interest the thread on what email clients people are using. I have been using Outlook and love it, but for a variety of reasons, I am moving my wife and will soon be moving myself to something else. I actually have my wife going with Thunderbird, and for the most part, we really like it. However, the transition from Outlook to Thunderbird pretty much reeks. It was hard (read that "impossible") to move her .pst files and settings to Thunderbird without going through all sorts of obnoxious hoops, and I finally gave up. Couldn't move the Address Book stuff at all without MAJOR and time-consuming processing.

Is there another email client that makes it easier to transition from Outlook, by exporting/importing emails, settings, and Address Book info?

I appreciate whatever help anyone can provide.

Chuck Beck

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Beck View Post
    I read with great interest the thread on what email clients people are using. I have been using Outlook and love it, but for a variety of reasons, I am moving my wife and will soon be moving myself to something else. I actually have my wife going with Thunderbird, and for the most part, we really like it. However, the transition from Outlook to Thunderbird pretty much reeks. It was hard (read that "impossible") to move her .pst files and settings to Thunderbird without going through all sorts of obnoxious hoops, and I finally gave up. Couldn't move the Address Book stuff at all without MAJOR and time-consuming processing.
    In TB, under Tools, have you tried the Import command?

[attachment=87829:2010-01-18_163627.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    I second what BigAlDoc says, that import from outlook worked well for me.

In my case I was migrating to a new computer, so I temporarily installed T-bird on the old machine running Outlook, used the above import to bring in everything from Outlook, and then used the Thunderbird export to write it out to a .json file. Then I imported that .json file into Thunderbird on the new computer, and Voila!

Jock