mghyles

Recover email messages and contacts (2000 SR-1)

My girlfriend some how deleted her user profile in win 2000. I have been looking for days of a way to recover the profile but with no success. I am told by Microsoft that it can not be recovered. The biggest problem is she has lost all of her emails which included recent clients of which she no back ups. Any ideas how to recover the user profile or located the old .PST files and move them to a new user profile. I have spent days trying to figure this out so any direction you can provide would very much appreciated. She does have Norton utilities 2000 on this machine as well. I have also spent hours going through old threads lots of different ideas but I am hesitating on where to start. Think I may start by getting a new girrlfriend.JK

Thanks

Re: Recover email messages and contacts (2000 SR-1)

Cross-posted and replied to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=2000&Number=76299&page=0&vi ew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0>here</A> in the W2K forum.

mghyles

Re: Recover email messages and contacts (2000 SR-1)

You are not going to believe this but I recovered all 74.5 megs of emails and contacts. Apparently she was on the phone with Quicken tech support and he was having her change and go back and fourth between user profiles. Some how her info associated with a user name was deleted but I found by just exploring came across a folder application data and did an export. It works and life is good again, think maybe I will keep her after all.