Lounger
    Thanks
    Just bought a new computer with an XP downgrade. Am intending to move Office 2003 from the old machine to the new machine. I have a retail copy of Office 2003 purchased several years ago. Is there a de-activation procedure? Do I just install the software on the new machine and use the product key that came with the retail copy to activate on the new machine -- and all is bliss? One can hope. . .

Ian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianrwilson05 View Post
    Just bought a new computer with an XP downgrade. Am intending to move Office 2003 from the old machine to the new machine. I have a retail copy of Office 2003 purchased several years ago. Is there a de-activation procedure? Do I just install the software on the new machine and use the product key that came with the retail copy to activate on the new machine -- and all is bliss? One can hope. . .

Ian
    You should be just fine. There is no "de-activation" - just uninstall it from the old machine and install it on the new machine. All retail versions of Office can legally be installed on 2 machines. You will use the same product key for the second installation.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Lounger
    Thanks
    It worked perfectly. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    You should be just fine. There is no "de-activation" - just uninstall it from the old machine and install it on the new machine. All retail versions of Office can legally be installed on 2 machines. You will use the same product key for the second installation.
    Hi Rebel,

Strictly speaking, Office Professional can only be installed on one desktop PC and one laptop, or on two laptops, not on two desktop PCs ...
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]