2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, I hope someone can help.

After a bad virus infection I had no option but to use the Toshiba recovery disc on my husband's XP laptop bought November 2006. I reinstalled everything and used revo uninstaller's autorun manager to stop all the usual stuff that he doesn't use loading at startup (messenger, pointing tool etc) and I let Windows download and install all the updates including IE8 and SP3 so I know everything has been updated.

He has Secunia running and it shows 7 programs unpatched as follows: Capicom 2.x, MS Interactive training 3.x, IE6, OE6, Media Player 10.x, Media Player 6.x and WXP Home Edition SP2. He also says he thinks it is running slower than before. The only software that I have downloaded and installed is MS Essentials anti virus, Revo uninstaller, Secunia and Malwarebytes.

Is it OK for me just to tell Secunia to ignore these programs as I don't know how I'd be able to remove them manually?
    How can it be running worse now than it was when it was clogged up with temp files and rubbish?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't use Secunia but if it is saying that IE6 and XP SP2 needs updating and you have already updated those programs I'd say that Secunia is your problem. Does it need updating?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.

I have persisted and kept checking for MS updates. After telling me that there weren't any, today I was prompted to download the activex to run Windows Genuine Advantage Validation tool again and a whole load of new updates appeared (after the second ask). This seems to have solved the problem as now Secunia is reporting 100% up to date.