New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I got my new computer last year it came with XP SP2 (since upgraded) and Office 2007 on a trial disk. At that time I did not install the office 2007 as I wanted to continue using the 2000 verzion.

Recently I suffered a major crash which required reinstallation of the OS. As I was out of town, I had my wife take the machine and all disks to Geeks to have the OS reinstalled... but I forgot to tell them not to put the Office 2007 trial in, which they did.

I recently went to take the 2007 out and put 2000 back in and ran into a number of problems, mostly dealing with the installer being unable to find several font and .dll files, each of which crashed the installation. After five attemps (finding and downloading each font or .dll as the reports showed, only to have the next attempt find another font or .dll missing) I gave up and did a system restore to a previous working configuration.

Looking for suggestions as to how I can get rid of 2007 and get 2000 back on the computer.

Am now using Oo as an alternative, but It's just not the same thing at all.

(Incidentally, my only objection to 2007 is the cost... for what I do, 2000 is MORE than adequate for me and I already own the buggar, don't I!)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    This article may help.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Vista Home Premium OS, and with the acceptation of Outlook 2000, I have my full Office Premium 2000 installed ok, it’s patched with its own version of SP1 SP2 and SP3 and is set to run in Windows 2000 mode.
    Recently I ran into a problem when I installed the latest SP2 for vista, and after exchanging mail with Microsoft Update Support there answer appeared to me to be, uninstall 2000 and purchase Office 2007.
    “Rats thought I”, and installed an earlier image backup made prior to the vista update SP1.
    Did that because SP2 appeared to continue to block my Office 2000 install with three registry entries, eventually I was able to gain permissions over just two of those so went right back to prior SP1 to get rid that to. Windows update no longer updates my computer, good riddens...

If the other posted reply didn’t help…

REVO Un-installer program is able to get rid of trial versions of Office 2007; some aspects of the program were made to do just that. Free version will do it.
    Would likely be better to uninstall the trial Office 2007 before installing 2000, though you don’t have to, I needed to repair my Office 2000 after the occasion I got rid of 2007 programs with Revo, no problem though.
    Revo is an excellent program for cleaning up left over Registry Entries from un-installed programs. E.g. you might try uninstalling the current problematic install of Office 2000, removing all its registry entries and then making a new clean install. The second to last function in Revo invites removal of all the listed Registry Entries, select all and click on the delete. Next function offers to remove any left over text files, likewise I select all and delete all…

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I apologize! I should have posted back after using the solution in Post 2 above (Thank you, Rebel!) which did indeed assassinate O/2007 for me, but:

O, my Brethern and Cistern, do ye be prepared for the long battle if you go that way....I think I changed or deleted a total of 135 or so registry entries and it took for -censored- ever.

BUT: it worked.

Am now waiting for my copies of WIN/7/P to arrive, after which I'm sure I'll have L O T S of questions!