2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Samsung Omnia running WinMo 6.1 and a rom based older version of Opera. If I download and install Opera 10, will it take over from the rom based version and will it also pickup settings, favorites, etc from the older version? I am hoping I can install and run from My Storage vs Device memory.

Thanks for any input.
    Phil

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Wow. Over 53000 users and 2 views to this. Everybody must be using Android.

Not very impressive after all the "come here and see all the thousands of posts" fanfare.

Thanks
    Sorry, my last phone used WinMo 6.5 and I'm now using an iPhone. So I really didn't think my guesses would be useful to you. The Windows Mobile forum is one of the least busy on the lounge. Probably due to the millions of combinations of Hardware/Software. We all tend to know our own the best.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from posting in future.

BTW, I thought that all apps had to run from device memory?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharine Richardson View Post
    BTW, I thought that all apps had to run from device memory?
    Thanks for the reply. The only apps that have to run from device memory AFAIK are low level, shells, keyboard replacements, utilities, etc. Most apps will run happily from My Storage and the newer do fine from an SD card. I'd go to an iPhone if it weren't for AT&T, but I'm probably headed for an Android as the Samsung/WinMo combination is essentially a POS, even with the benefits of Verizon. The Android phones need to mature some first though.

Phil

Thanks
    Well, I'm having my own problems with my iPhone email this week.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Karl View Post
    I have a Samsung Omnia running WinMo 6.1 and a rom based older version of Opera. If I download and install Opera 10, will it take over from the rom based version and will it also pickup settings, favorites, etc from the older version?
    Good question. Does Opera's documentation for Opera Mobile discuss this? It would be relevant to users of recent hot-selling HTC WinMo phones (Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Fuze, etc.), so they might have a FAQ by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Karl View Post
    Wow. Over 53000 users and 2 views to this. Everybody must be using Android.

Not very impressive after all the "come here and see all the thousands of posts" fanfare.
    I think you can expect the Lounge's expertise to mirror the coverage of Windows Secrets: emphasis on Windows desktop OS, security, Office, and related/competing applications and utilities. For Windows Mobile, try the good folks on PPCGeeks; forums for Samsung products, and forums for Verizon subscribers, may also be helpful.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Installing Opera Mobile 10 beta will not overwrite the existing installation (you'll see 2 Opera icons in your Start menu), and AFAIK it won't transfer bookmarks over.

If the version of Opera you have supports Opera Link though, you could backup your bookmarks to the cloud, and then restore them upon installing Opera Mobile 10. Not sure if that was a feature they just added, or if it's been there for a while.

I'm liking the new build quite a lot actually. They finally added smooth scrolling which makes it feel more iPhone-like.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Dennis,

Thanks for the update. I'll see if my onboard Opera has the Link capability.