3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    From time to time, I write up procedures for novice users. Often I am frustrated by not being able to insert a symbol that appears on a menu or toolbar. I have prepared a 49-page Excel spreadsheet that lists every symbol corresponding to every key on the keyboard and ASCII codes 33 through 255, for these fonts: Symbol, Webdings, Wingdings, Wingdings 2, Wingdings 3, Bookshelf Symbol 7, Carta, Marlett, MS Outlook, and MS Reference Sans Serif. I also explore the additional Unicode symbols available in the Symbol and MS Reference Sans Serif fonts. That sometimes helps, but I'm still left unable to find some symbols. The latest: The interlocking overlaid right angles Crop symbol on the Picture toolbar (Word 2003 SP3). Any help that doesn't include cropping a screenshot would be appreciated. (Let me know if you would like an emailed copy of my Symbol Fonts xls, 211 kB.)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry can't help on the crop symbol (yet).

(Let me know if you would like an emailed copy of my Symbol Fonts xls, 211 kB.)
    If you think it's worth sharing, you could always post it here. Once they fix the file uploading feature - it seems to down at the moment.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's been a while since I've used Office 2003, but if memory serves, you can edit any button on the toolbar. When you are in the customize toolbar dialogue, open the appropriate toolbar, right-click on the button and choose copy, and see if you can paste that image into your spreadsheet. If that doesn't work, try editing the button itself, and see if it will allow you to then copy the image.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I added MT Extra and Zapf Dingbats to my latest version. No joy.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    *Actually, I think that Samantha's correct (at least in Word 2000). *Customize the toolbar, right-click the image and select "copy button image" I would upload my image if the server wasn't borking on it.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Samantha, your tip is true for top level-ish toolbars and I will add that note to my .xls. But the Picture toolbar that appears when I select an inserted picture does not allow that trick. A left click in Word 2003 gives me the View > Toolbars list; it brings up a short list in Word 2007. In Word 2003, under View > Toolbars > Customize > All Commands, there are many nice icons for toolbar buttons, but a hasty search didn't find the Crop tool.

While on the subject, shell32.dll has a bunch of wonderful icons (no Crop tool, tho). I use it to assign a nifty icon to a shortcut: RIght-click the shortcut on your desktop, > Properties > Shortcut Tab > Change Icon > in the Target box, enter %systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll. Viola! Many wonderful previously unknown icons.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I meant right click!!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try going View-Toolbars-Drawing, then right-click on an empty bit of the toolbar and selecting customize in the drop-down (this is for Word 2000 and from memory - no MSOffice on this PC). When the customize dialogue is up, right-click the Crop button.

Sorry if this all incredibly obvious to you*

John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Lounger
    Thanks
    maybe you'll find what you want here: http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=clipart&tbo=1