Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, all!
    My colleague created a custom Outlook form a few years ago to look like the pink "While you were out" slips so we'd have an electronic version. It works really well! No complaints – not even when we updated to Office 2007 early last year. The form has a field which auto-stamps the time/date the message was created using the =now() function.
    I have ONE user whose phone form thinks it's 1/1/1601. It started this week and I can't for the life of me figure it out.
    Computer time is set correctly. [We set ours with a Group Policy that forces a sync with time server]
    BIOS time is set correctly.
    Using the =now() function in Excel works as expected - - I get the correct date & time.
    All other users accessing the form get the correct date.
    Form lives on the server, but local copy is created. I deleted the local copy to "force" her Outlook to go grab a fresh copy… still 1601.
    The latest MS updates were only released AFTER the issue started happening.

Can anyone think of another place to check? Something else to try? I'm fresh out of ideas!
    Thanks in advance ~
    Melanie

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMorrow View Post
    Can anyone think of another place to check? Something else to try? I'm fresh out of ideas!
    I had an idea, but it didn't pan out: CLng(DateValue("1/1/1601")) returns -109205. Don't know why it returns a negative number. I'll see if there's some VB mavens who can help.

Do you know how the date is captured or set in the form?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7±DS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There are 109205 days between 1/1/1601 and 12/30/1899 with Zero day being 12/31/1899.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarron View Post
    There are 109205 days between 1/1/1601 and 12/30/1899 with Zero day being 2/31/1899.
    Thanks, didn't know there was a midpoint zero day, I thought that VB/VBA took 1/1/100 as the zero day. Do you have any insight as to why the OP's form would be returning 1/1/1601?

(PS, just to be picky I show clng(datevalue("12/30/1899")) as returning zero)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7±DS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I have no insight as to the 1/1/1601 dating for =Now()

As far as "...I show clng(datevalue("12/30/1899")) as returning zero"
    I erroneously assumed that day 1 would be the same in Excel as in the VBE. If you enter 1 in a cell and then format as a date, you'll get 1/1/1900 - 0 results in 1/0/1900.

clng(datevalue("1/22/2010")) =40200 which is what Excel shows as far as the date being formatted as a number. Odd

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    From my Access tinkering, 12/30/1899 is the zero day, and all dates prior to that are negative decimal numbers that include both the date and the time. Days after that are positive decimal numbers. Unfortunately, none of this discussion is much help to MMMorrow. I have to confess I'm stumped as well...
    Wendell