New Lounger
    Thanks
    After installing the Windows 7 upgrade to my computer that already had Vista on it, a desktop shortcut appeared that says Windows Compatibility Report. Does anyone know what that is, or if I can just get rid of the shortcut? I don't do anything more complicated than surf the net and upload the occasion photo. Thanks.

Thanks
    The Windows Upgrade Compatibility Report is the report you should run before installing Win 7 that checks the compatibility of your system (hardware and software) to Win 7. During your upgrade, Win 7 may have found a small incompatibility you should be made aware of. You may want to glance at the report to see how compatible Win 7 found your system. There may be an issue or two that needs to be checked, perhaps out of date software or drivers, etc. If you are already running Win 7, you need not keep this shortcut. Since it is a shortcut, you can find the report elsewhere in your start menu. Delete the shortcut if you do not like to see it on your desktop. Just be aware that finding the report after deleting the shortcut may not be as easy as leaving the shortcut on the desktop to use to see what the report says.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, it popped up on my desktop after upgrading to Win 7, and I didn't know what it was. I'll see if I can figure out what it's telling me, although I'm sure I have no clue what to do if it says there are issues.

I just opened it, and all it said what that Windows email will no longer be available, but I already knew that. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Yes, Windows mail has been replaced with Windows Live Mail. If that's all it says, you may delete it without any harm.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I saw another link about compatibility when I went to pin firefox on my toolbar. It looks like going from Vista to Win 7 isn't a problem, but going from XP to Win 7 has some issues.

Thanks
    A lot of the problems going from XP wo Win 7 are because XP is the older OS and as such many of the PCs having XP are older. Much older hardware and software manufacturers have decided not to add support for Win 7 to their stuff.

The only other problem is that XP to Win 7 requires a clean install, but in many of our opinions this is the best option anyway.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted