Thread: Watermarks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a report with a picture on it as a watermark. It works fine except for the sub report. The sub report has one control that comes from a memo field and for some reason the transparent background on that control does not seem to work when I run the report. I have tried putting the same picture in the sub report to test whether it is the memo control but that works fine. I am attaching a pdf of the report and you can see that the watermark is hidden by the Cabinet description field.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It has taken me a while to find an example where I could try this out.

My example worked OK once I set the Back Style of the memo field on the subreport to Transparent. It sounds like you have done that already, but when my memo had a Back Style of Normal I saw the behaviour you describe.

The Watermark is just an image?
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    John

Thank you for your comment. Yes I already have the background style et to transparent. The watermark is just an image (a .gif file) that is in the picture property of the report. I have tried changing to filed to a text field to see of that was the problem - no change.

What is very strange is that if I put the image as a picture on the sub report and run it by itself, it works perfectly. It only fails when the sub report is running inside the main report and only on that field.

I have created a test database with two tables and the reports for you to have a look at. The problem is still there. I have tried it out in Access 2003 and on another computer in Access 2007 so I suspect there is something I have not seen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting that demo.

I agree the demo is doing what you said.
    I tried various options without luck.
    Then I removed the memo field from the subreport, then added it back again and the problem went away.
    Does that help with the real report?

[attachment=87910:backgroundImage.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks John. I tried that in Access 2007 on the test and it worked fine. I wonder what happened. I will have to wait until tomorrow to check the full database on the other computer running Access 2003. I will re-post if the problem stays in Access 2003.