New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm currently using IE7 as my internet browser. About a week ago I noticed that my internet conneciton had gotten almost unusable. If it did connect after several minutes the connection was useless. First thought I had picked up malware or spyware but have run both the Malware and Spybot products with no change. This morning I looked in the System Event Viewer under the Administrative Tools section of Control Panel and found tons of error logs. All of them seem to be the same "The server(.....)did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." The Event ID is always 10010.

I went to the Microsoft site and find a posting referencing the error but couldn't follow the resolution.

I did also try Firefox but get the same error. I have another PC that's working just fine so it's something with the PC. Acer Aspire 3000 running Windows XP SP3.

Can anyone help me decode the error and a fix. Thanks in advance!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was able to fix this problem using directions I found in Microsoft Article 81344, even though the DCOM error is not specifically mentioned. It seems that when I executed Method 5 to reset the Internet Explorer settings my problem went away.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813444/en-us

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Glad you got it worked out. Thanks for posting your solution.

Joe
    Joe