Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 64 Bit

18 90.00%
  • 32 bit

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    I have noticed a plague of bsods of late on other sites I post. I am curious. In win 7 (RTM 7600) if you have experiend a bsod are you 32 bit or 64?

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Running 64 bit and have never had a BSOD even during Beta.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Running 64 bit and have never had a BSOD even during Beta.
    Dave, a man after my own heart. I haven't either. there is a spate of them elsewhere. I do debug abt 100 a day and the majority are 64 bit.

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Thanks
    My BSOD was caused by my video card driver. ATI Windows 7 driver for Toshiba Satellite A305-S6841 fails when waking up from sleep mode. It is the latest driver for this laptop video card and after trying all possible settings for sleep mode, finally disabled sleep mode and now use hibernate. Have had no BSOD issue since switching to hibernate.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Johnston View Post
    I have noticed a plague of bsods of late on other sites I post. I am curious. In win 7 (RTM 7600) if you have experiend a bsod are you 32 bit or 64?

Ken
    Of three machines that I know about I've not had any BSODs. Two are x64 Ultimate and one is x86 Ultimate.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've had Win7 64bit for about 6 weeks, and have had 3 bsod that I remember. Two were caused by a driver for a USB-to-Serial cable (for a scanner radio), and the latest one happened when I tried to use the Tools menu on Adobe Reader. It may have been related to the ATI 4350 graphics card, because the display was hosed for a few seconds prior to the bsod. I couldn't recreate it, or figure out anything from the event viewer.

Thanks
    Same here, 64 bit on 3 laptops, 32 bit on a desktop, no BSODs. It appears , in reading many posts on this problem, that most of these BSODs are caused by incompatibilities or, as Gerald had, what appears to be poorly written drivers. It does not appear to be a 32 bit or 64 bit problem.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Not a single Black or BSOD since I changed out my memory. I'm using the 64 bit version of Windows 7.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    I have anecdotal evidence of what sounds like a BSOD on a new Dell Studio 15 running 64-bit Windows Home Premium "several times a day", if "Windows has shut down the computer to protect your data" is the ways that BSODs now appear on Windows 7...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Johnston View Post

Ken

My BSOD was caused by the ASUS EPU drivers. I de-installed them and BSOD's disappeared. I am running W7 64bit; 8Gb DDR3 GSkill (4 x 2Gb); i7 Quad 860; ASUS P7P55LX, ATI Radeon X1900XTX.

CF

Thanks
    It appears there is a common "thread" running through these postings. It appears that much of the problems with BSOD is related to hardware that may be older or does not have updated drivers available. I'm wondering if Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor would have shown any of these problems in advance. This would have saved a lot of headaches for many of us here.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    The Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor gave the all clear on my Toshiba, and the ATI driver Toshiba made available is a Windows 7 64 bit driver. But that's not the first buggy video driver I've seen. Drivers written for hardware using a new OS are particularly susceptible to "bugginess". Vista was on the Toshiba originally, and I would definitely check any machine with the Upgrade Advisor before proceeding with the Win 7 upgrade. If the Advisor had found a show stopper in any of my key hardware, I would still be using Vista on the Toshiba today.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running a new build of Win. 7 Pro 64 bit and have had BSOD's several times in the last four days. My Windows install is already activated but I would like to start over and do a clean install. Will I be able to do that without reactivating? If I have to reactivate how do I do that? Will I have to call Microsoft? I am new at this so any help you could give I would appreciate. Thanks in advance.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running 64-bit Win 7 and get a BSOD when I am running Win Media Player and I click the Default button on my Creative SB X-fi console. If I turn off the media player and then click the Default button, there is no BSOD.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been running Win 7 64x since release. I have had 19 BSOD and 4 freezes since then -- very annoying. It mostly happens with wake from sleep or from hibernation. However, I have had it happen while simply typing in Word. To me its like the Win ME days. I keep searching for solutions, but haven't found any that work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast