Star Lounger
    Thanks

Border appears on a separate page (2000)

This one has me scratching my head. I have a one-page document that has a border. When I open the document, the border has somehow forgotten its formatting, and appears on the first page, and the text on the second! I can go back and reapply the formatting so I can print the form, but when the form is saved, the formatting is lost again. If I e-mail the form to someone else, they also see the separated pages. What am I doing wrong?????

Thanks

Re: Border appears on a separate page (2000)

Hi Briana,

How are you applying the border?

Format => Borders and Shading => Page?

File => Page Setup => Layout (tab) => Border (button)?

Or you could be inserting a graphic, in which case it should be in the header or footer and floating behind text. I suspect that you have been using a graphic, but don't know that.

For more on headers and footers:
    See <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm>How can I have different headers / footers on different pages?</A> (addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm) for information on how to handle headers and footers.

For something more in depth you may want to look at:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm>Sections, Section Breaks, Headers and Footers</A> (addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm).

Hope this helps.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Border appears on a separate page (2000)

Charles:

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I was using Word's Insert>Picture>Clip Art, then selecting Borders & Frames. In the past it worked fine, but when I moved to a new machine it started separating the border onto a separate page.
    But here's the really weird part. It's working again! For no apparent reason that I can fathom, Word decided to stop playing this silly game and leave the border behind the text where it belongs.
    I really do appreciate all the suggestions, and I have filed them away for future reference. Again, thank you!

Brian