Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm creating a letterhead template in Word 2007. On the first page, I'm using custom controls via the Developer toolbar for the user to enter a Date and Name. If the enough content forces another page, I want to reference the information in those controls to automatically display them in the header of page 2+. Thus, if the user enters today's date and "John Doe" on the first page, I want to automatically show that information in the header of all subsequent pages without the user having to type it in again. Any help is appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Unless you need to use content controls for some additional reason, you can do this without content controls, by using StyleRef fields - you would need to define new custom styles for both Date and Name, and apply those where the date and name would get entered on page 1. Then, in the continuation page header, put StyleRef fields that refer to the Date and Name styles - the content from page 1 will automatically show in the page 2 header, and will always automatically update if the content is changed on page 1.

Gary

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Woohoo! After some practice, this works awesome. I never would have found this on my own. Many thanks.