Thanks
    Admittedly, I might be looking right at it and not seeing it, but:

I want to pull everything out of my Inbox more than 60 days old, exporting/archiving it, but I cannot find a way to manually archive.

Is it gone? To where? Or how can I do this?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

New Lounger
    Thanks
    From the Help with in Outlook 2010 (Have you tried looking there?)
    Archive items manuallyAn efficient way to reduce the size of your Outlook Data File (.pst) or Exchange mailbox is to regularly archive older items. Archived items are moved to a separate Outlook Data File for backup and storage. You can access to the archived items anytime by opening the archive Outlook Data File.

Archiving in Outlook can be completed manually or automatically scheduled. AutoArchive automatically moves older items to an archive Outlook Data File (.pst) at scheduled intervals. To learn more about AutoArchive, see Use AutoArchive to back up or delete items . By default, AutoArchive is turned on in Outlook 2010.

You can manually back up and archive items, in addition to AutoArchive or as a replacement. Manual archiving provides flexibility, and allows you to specify exactly which folders are included in the archive, and which archive Outlook Data File is used.

To manually archive Outlook items, do the following:

1.Click the File tab
    2.On the Info tab, click Cleanup Tools and then click Archive.
    3.Click the Archive this folder and all subfolders option, and then click the folder that you want to archive. Any subfolder of the folder you select is included in this manual archive.
    4.Under Archive items older than, enter a date.
    5.If you do not want to use the default file or location, under Archive file, click Browse to specify a new file or location. Browse to find the file that you want, or enter the file name, then click OK. The destination file location appears in the Archive file box.
    6.Select the Include items with "Do not AutoArchive" checked check box to include any items that might be individually marked to be excluded from automatic archiving. This option does not remove that exclusion from these items, but instead ignores the “Do not AutoArchive” check box for this archive only.
    I love cats, but I can not eat a whole one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I_eat_lost_cats View Post
    From the Help with in Outlook 2010 (Have you tried looking there?)
    Slow on the uptake I may well be, but not totally and not always.

I did read and try that, but when I click the "Archive" button, nothing at all happens.

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    Slow on the uptake I may well be, but not totally and not always.

I did read and try that, but when I click the "Archive" button, nothing at all happens.
    Since this is beta software I suggest you try to find an answer at Office 2010 Category. There are likely very few Loungers using Office 2010 beta and fewer that would know anything beyond what you've been told already.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Since this is beta software I suggest you try to find an answer at Office 2010 Category. There are likely very few Loungers using Office 2010 beta and fewer that would know anything beyond what you've been told already.

Joe
    OKay Joe, I'll give that a shot.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    OKay Joe, I'll give that a shot.
    I ran across this thread Bug: Auto-archive does not work in Outlook 2010. See the last post. It is a known bug that has been fixed but the fix is not publically released. It will be in the RTM version.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    I ran across this thread Bug: Auto-archive does not work in Outlook 2010. See the last post. It is a known bug that has been fixed but the fix is not publically released. It will be in the RTM version.

Joe
    Ah yes, the good new and the bad news: Thee's a fix, but you can't have it!

Oh well, thanks Joe.

Regards,
    Chuck

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Chuck, you seem to be repeatedly missing the point with regard to Beta software. The objective is to identify issues with the software so they can be corrected before the product is released. Anyone who tries to use the software in a production environment is bound to encounter problems - hopefully minor, but they could be catestrophic for an individual. This forum is intended as an informative place where people can gather insight on what the new version of software will deliver, not as a place to debug problems with it. The TechNet forum Joe referenced is a much better place to get answers to things that appear to behave differently than in previous versions, or to identify things that flat don't work.

FYI, the initial Release Candidate version was made available to the Beta Testers group a couple of weeks ago, and has numerous fixes in all of the Office apps. See Ask Woody and the links available for more details. There has been some scuttlebutt that it may be available to anyone who downloaded the original Beta three months ago. And you might take a look at Office 2010 RC Build 4734.1000 110-Screenshot Gallery. In particular note the comment from that article:
    “This Release Candidate is intended for testing only. There is NO ‘upgrade’ path from this release to any future releases of Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 including the final ‘RTM’ release. All pre-released applications will need to be uninstalled before any future releases, including the final ‘RTM’ release, can be installed. Additionally, all data and customizations created in the beta and release candidate versions of SharePoint products will be lost when moving to the final ‘RTM’ release of SharePoint 2010,” ...
    Wendell

Thanks
    Thanks Wendall.

Regards,
    Chuck