Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    A free tool from Comodo. Comodo claims it is better than system recovery. See Data Recovery with Comodo Time Machine | Comodo for details.

From the web page:

"Comodo Time Machine (CTM) is a powerful system rollback utility that allows users to quickly restore their computers to an earlier point in time. CTM 'snapshots' are a complete record of your entire system (including the registry, critical operating system files and user created documents)."

Note: I do not use this. Just ran across it and based on some Loungers usage of the Comodo Firewall I thought it might be of interest.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A question arose as I went to install this product: A while back I converted from XP to Windows 7 Home Premium. I do not have a dual-boot system; yet, the Time Machine installer says a "dual boot system has been detected" and wants me to install on all operating systems. If I look at "system" on the Control Panel, it tells me I only have Windows 7. Is there someplace else that would indicate to Comodo that I have multiple operating systems on my machine?

Thanks for any insight provided,
    Dick

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Further update to my question above:

On booting I normally press "enter" before the whole process unfolds. So, I had forgotten that there are 3 options made available to me:
    Earlier version of Windows
    Windows 7
    Recovery Console

However, if I click on "earlier version of Windows", there's no "there" there. I get a blinking cursor, and have to re-boot, and select "Windows 7."

The answer to my question probably lies in modifying the boot record. However, I'm not a computer expert, and have a multi-partition system.
    So, I'd be leery of mucking something up relative to my partitions, if I were to blindly go in and change something.

So, again, any help would be appreciated.

Dick

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    As you don't have multiple OSes you only need to install it on Win7.

Hopefully someone else will be able to tell you how to change the boot info.

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Paul:
    Thanks for your response. I'm concerned, based on the 3 choices the Comodo installer gives me (I only have one OS, I've put it on all but this OS, I'm putting it on this one and will do the other one(s) next), that I'll foul something up if I tell it I only have Windows 7 and it thinks otherwise. So, I'd really like to change the boot info if that's what's needed, before I install this software.
    Dick

Thanks
    I believe there might be a thread in Windows 7 on this problem. That is probably a more appropriate forum for this discussion.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy