Thanks
    Is there a limit to what size a mailbox can grow to. For example, should I let a mailbox grow to any size (6 GB +) and not worry? My google searches always mention total size of the database which I am aware of. Basically I need to tell the COO that if he doesn't archive his mail, it might turn to toast if that's true.

Thanks in advance.

Skip
    Skip Whitten, MCITP
    http://www.skipwhitten.info

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    See You Had Me At EHLO... : Recommended Mailbox Size Limits from the Microsoft Exchange Team Blog.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    See You Had Me At EHLO... : Recommended Mailbox Size Limits from the Microsoft Exchange Team Blog.

Joe
    Thanks Joe. That was very helpful.

Skip
    Skip Whitten, MCITP

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Thanks Joe. That was very helpful.
    You're welcome. Not comes the fun part of convincing the COO to manage e-mail on a regular basis unless you've got the authority to implement mail management policies.

Joe
    Joe

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Total size is an issue if you hit the store size limit - from memory it's 80GB for 2003 standard and several TB for enterprise. The easiest way to check is to view the EDB file size, rough but ready estimate.
    The only way around the limit on standard is to get users to archive to PST files, but that's another can of worms - a very large one at that.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P T View Post
    Total size is an issue if you hit the store size limit - from memory it's 80GB for 2003 standard and several TB for enterprise. The easiest way to check is to view the EDB file size, rough but ready estimate.
    The only way around the limit on standard is to get users to archive to PST files, but that's another can of worms - a very large one at that.

cheers, Paul
    We had to expand the store over the weekend. The COO called me in his office and now a big fan of archiving. He was at the top of the list of objects!

Skip
    Skip Whitten, MCITP

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Watch PST files stored on the network don't cream the server. Makes backup easy, but we have to re-boot 2 servers every week to refresh the resources pool after everyone opens their PST files. The give away is the sudden loss of network connections and no errors in the logs - we RDP to the server and if the connection just closes it's re-boot time.

cheers, Paul