3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All!

My, this place has changed since the last time I was here! Please forgive me, I haven't yet sorted out the search function for the forum, but yet find myself in need of a quick solution (because mgmt is screaming, of course, about something that will sit on their desks for a month or two).

I am trying to open a pdf (Acrobat) document with shell, like this: acrord32.exe "z:\MyPath\acrobat.pdf", which runs fine from the command line, but when I try to run it as VBA, I get file not found, every single time! I've tried variations of shortening names and such, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

On a side note, is there any way to search individual forums? I went to the Search at the top of the screen, and after a big long wait, it asked me if I wanted to search all the different web sites, which is *not* what I want to do. I just want to search the Access forum for shell commands related to Acrobat, and I can't seem to get there from here

Cecilia

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ugggh, silly me. Apparently you have to shell the full path to Acrobat. But if anyone can answer my searching questions while I'm puttering around here...?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To search the individual forums, you must use the "Advanced" search (click on the Advanced link next to the Search box).

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Guess I'm just slow this morning...Monday morning and the demands pouring in pre-8am guarantees me an "off" day. :-S

Thanks for the help!!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia View Post
    But if anyone can answer my searching questions while I'm puttering around here...?
    IT is easy to miss, but at the foot each forum is a Search this Forum box.
    [attachment=87923:SearchthisForum.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John