2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

I have a situation where we need to export only business contacts from our users' mailboxes. Is there any way to export all contacts in the Contacts folder excluding those marked "private".

Thanks,

Violet

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Why don't you setup a custom view to filter the Contacts then just export the remainder.

Joe
    Joe

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by violet View Post
    we need to export only business contacts from our users' mailboxes
    To where do you want to export them and in what format? And can you be sure that all non-business Contacts are marked "Private"?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Joe - great idea. I'm going to look into creating a custom view then if I can find the file on in my Local Settings or Application Data then I could apply that to the machines of the users in question.

John - we want to export them to an excel file (we are undertaking this exercise due to developing our company crm system). The users in question know they have to review their (or their boss's) contacts folder and mark the non-business contacts as private.

Thanks - have a good day!

Violet

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by violet View Post
    I'm going to look into creating a custom view then if I can find the file on in my Local ...

we want to export them to an excel file. The users in question know they have to review their (or their boss's) contacts folder and mark the non-business contacts as private.
    Should be easy to send users the instructions on how to apply a filter or custom view (rather than you applying it for them), then using Outlook's built-in Export to CSV format, which Excel can read.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS