Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [Word 2007] I want to add a watermark background (DRAFT) to every page in my document. However, when I add the watermark to the second page in section 1, it disappears from the first page. Even worse, when I add the watermark to section 2, the watermark disappears from section 1 entirely!

I've broken the link between headers, but that doesn't help. Word Help hasn't helped. Can someone here explain what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This issue was discussed and a workaround suggested in a thread some months ago - it appears Word 2007 changed the way watermarks appear in different headers, as compared with earlier versions of Word - in earlier versions of Word, applying a watermark would make it appear in all headers. In Word 2007 it only appears in one header.

The workaround suggested was to copy the watermark in the header where it appears, and then to paste it into all of the other headers where you want it to appear.

Gary

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I'll be sheep-dipped! Thanks, Gary! I thought I was going mad. I'd tried searching for such a thread, but my slow connection today drove me to post a new thread.

Just in case Kaiser Bill's softies are eaves-dropping: This watermark behavior is NOT an improvement! I simply cannot imagine why anybody thought this would be a good idea! Generally, I like Office 2007, and I've somehow managed to master most of the new features. As for this watermark business: Boo-o-o!

Lounger
    Thanks
    here's another trick...
    If you use the "Custom Watermark" option -
    Change the option to insert a Text watermark.
    "Draft" is already in the list for you to select. You can make other changes... darkness of text, font, etc...
    Click Apply before closing & the watermark is on every page regardless of section breaks or where your cursor is!

...there's always 101 ways to do something in an Office app, right?

Melanie