Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Lately, right after I boot, the cpu is very busy, enough to delay typing into an Office document. It finally settles down, but not completely, always using 4 to 10% of my cpu. There are 3 search services running in Process Explorer I never noticed before (maybe they were always there and I never saw them).

1. Is this the result of a new update? I've never noticed it until today. I went to services and disabled Windows search, they all closed and I got my cpu back. I know indexing is now disabled, but I recently started using Everything Search.

2. Is there anything that won't work properly now? (Outlook complained, saying searches would be slow, but I don't care about that)

3. Anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,
    Rusty

Thanks
    Depends on how much searching the service has to do on your computer.
    I've limited my indexing service to just the primary drive. With 6 TB worth of stuff spread over 5 hard drives, I already
    know the exact locations of most everything.
    Actually there might be alot in terms of services that need not be running. Windows 7 default does a much better
    job than XP ever did at managing them, but there are still uneeded services I don't have use for.
    Go to BV's site for information on services. I like to keep mine somewhere under 40.

I don't notice a whole lot of difference with search being curtailed, or off, but then again I have little use for it.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After it settles down a few minutes after boot, I usually have about 46 to 48 services running. I've only got a 320Gb drive indexed, so I may not even need it. I think I'll just leave the indexing service off for now.

Thanks for the link to Blackviper, that looks like a helpful site.