Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We're running Novell 4.91sp5 as our network client and Windows XP SP3 as our PC OS. During the login process, we get a Windows XP pop up message "Could Not Connect to All Network Drives". Is there a way to hide this pop up message? Our network drives do in fact connect after the login script runs and I believe this pop up message is a premature message during our login process. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This sounds like a timing issue. The drives are getting mapped before the workstation actually makes a connection the server(s). There could be lots of causes for this from processes running on the workstation that are interfering, network latency issues, and Novell client configuration. What's controlling the login scripts? AD, or eDirectory? I hope you are running in an IP only environment, in other words, IPX should be turned off.
    Chuck

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Chuck - it definitely is a timing issue. It's not consistent either. We're just trying to figure out a way to hide\disable the pop up notification. It's probably buried in the registry somewhere.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Is it because you have hard coded the mapping on the PC instead of doing a temporary map via the login script?

cheers, Paul

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Paul - I don't believe so. Our drives are mapped by the login script. Now, on my PC I do have some manual mappings, but the bulk of the pop up notifications are on those user's PC who map from the login script.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInPitt View Post
    Our drives are mapped by the login script. Now, on my PC I do have some manual mappings, but the bulk of the pop up notifications are on those user's PC who map from the login script.
    See item #11 at Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP. Not sure if it will help since you are mapping drives with a logon script but it is worth a try.

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe - I'll take a look at this. Not sure though if we would want all balloon tips disabled. Regardless, thanks for your input!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Can you stop some users running the login script and see if they still have maps?

cheers, Paul

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInPitt View Post
    Thanks Joe - I'll take a look at this. Not sure though if we would want all balloon tips disabled. Regardless, thanks for your input!
    Unfortunately, there is not any granularity with the balloon tips in XP. It is all or nothing.

Joe
    Joe