Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,
    This is probably something relatively simple - but aI cannot figure out -or find a solution after searching.

I need to allow users sometimes to be able to delete a record using a query. The reason being - they request a query to show the data that they have entered that day to 'double check' that they have not missed any entries, made errors or that they have not entered duplicates that week. The query is based on a date range and is a command button on a form. They would like to be able to delete the duplicates from that query at that time. I know that there is a 'duplicates' query -but I would rather not automatically delete or hide their data.

I have created queries that do allow this - but I don't know why my queries allow it sometimes and sometimes they do not.
    The one that I created today does not allow deletions or edits.

Thanks,
    Vicky

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't believe it - I figured it out after being bothered by it for months! It cannot be a 'Totals' query. It works if it is just a Select Query!
    Vicky

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    I have created queries that do allow this - but I don't know why my queries allow it sometimes and sometimes they do not.
    The one that I created today does not allow deletions or edits.
    Glad you spotted the issue - Group By queries are not updateable. And they have to be updateable to delete records. Usually queries with two tables joined are updateable as long as both tables have a primary key. Queries using three or more tables are pretty much a crapshoot - the more tables there are the less likely the query is updateable. Hope that clarifies things a bit - if not post back.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Wendell, I will keep those things in mind too.