2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PATCH WATCH

Security updates for Internet Explorer, Firefox

By Susan Bradley

Microsoft released an out-of-cycle patch to remedy the IE "Aurora" bug that recently enabled Chinese hackers to attack Google and many other companies.

Separately, Mozilla released not one, but two, separate updates to Firefox — improving that browser's security and adding an array of new features.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/2010/01/28/04 (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by revia; 2011-01-20 at 14:53.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have also had problems with the MS volume licensing site. We have been unable to access our new licenses, purchased in Dec. 2009. The sign-in requires Windows Live / Passport ID, and after you go through a totally confusing process, it displays one old license agreement number, but will not allow us to add others. Let us know what you find out.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I also had issues--I was removed from the site! Fortunately, another admin at my company still had access and was able to add me back in. It seems like they rolled back their user database or something strange like that.