3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello everyone;
    I need a bit of help. The story, in short:
    In the past, I was archiving OL Personal folders to a partition in my HDD (Outlook Archives)
    That machine fried, and in new machine I made the stupid mistake of deleting the default destination (in Documents and Settings) where OL stores the archive.pst file.
    I will appreciate guidance and help to correct this. I also would like to have means to archive not only Mails but also Contacts and Calendar, indefinitely, no erase date.
    I admit that my knowledge of OL is not solid, at all.
    Thanks in advance.

Daniel Rozenberg

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to add some info to my previous request:
    I am running the OL of Office 2003.
    Reading through Herman Lorenz posting from 2009/12/16, I got some hint to try some actions to my problem.
    Managed to archive (all) Personal Folders (which includes Contacts and Calendar).
    Opened Data management, and through that, I see that the data archived is in C:\Documents and Settings\DR\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst
    ; however, when opening Windows Explorer, I don't see the Application Data Folder.
    I would like to be able to have the ability to restore it, so as a prevention in case of another crash problem, it will be accessble from the folders I backup.
    Thanks in advance, (again) for your help

Daniel Rozenberg.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danielr2 View Post
    ; however, when opening Windows Explorer, I don't see the Application Data Folder.
    The application data folder is a hidden folder. You will need to make sure that Windows is set to show hidden files and folders. I'm not sure what version of Windows you are running but in XP you can change this by opening any folder, going to the Tools menu and folder options, then selecting to show hidden files and folders on the view tab.

[attachment=87957:Show hidden.jpg]

Ian

Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanWilson View Post
    The application data folder is a hidden folder. You will need to make sure that Windows is set to show hidden files and folders. I'm not sure what version of Windows you are running but in XP you can change this by opening any folder, going to the Tools menu and folder options, then selecting to show hidden files and folders on the view tab.

[attachment=87957:Show hidden.jpg]

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Ian;
    Thank you very much.
    Following your instructions allowed me to see the file again.
    Now, I am going to LEARN all OL features, as to avoid bothering the forum with such an elemental question.

Regards;

Daniel Rozenberg.