New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Everybody
    1) I want to make a slipstreamed install disk of XPpro, so I can dual boot my Vista computer.
    Reason?: I have several programs, that I know will run better in XP e.g. (Paint Shop Pro 8, Cool Edit Pro)
    2) What I did is took my install CD of XPproSP1a, (Retail) and integrated SP3, which I downloaded from MS site.
    I used Scott Dunn's instructions (XP_VistaDblBoot) using NLite. I used the Unattended option in NLite.
    Now I have gotten to the point, where XP begins to Install, but stops, and notifies me that my product number is invalid.
    Is there something that I can do to find out what I did or my Slipstreamed copy is wrong?
    I am 100% certain that I am using the correct Product number.
    Thanks for any help that anybody can give.
    Tim

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    I try the slipstream activity again using the directions at Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Slipstreaming Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3). While many people use nLite I've read of enough problems with it that I'd not trust it.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe:
    Thanks for the reply, I tried loading my LAN drivers on the install CD, using nLite, and that solved the problem.
    Apparently, I need to be able to connect to the INTERNET, when I installed. Or... I had awful luck.
    However, the customization, that I expected wasn't there. More to come...
    Thanks again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Rapson View Post
    I used the Unattended option in NLite.
    Using the unattended install option bypasses a great deal of the standard installation routine. It also makes the CD useless for performing a repair/reinstall. It will only perform the unattended install; you get no other options.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows