New Lounger
    Des Moines, Iowa USA
    I have XP SP3 on my desktop. Recently I purchased QuickBooks Pro 2010 (single user). I started to install it last night and got the following message:

Error installing d:\\qbooks\quickbooks.msi
    MSI returned 1603: Fatal error during installation.

I tried the QuickBooks help system relating to error code 1603 and found help that applied only and exclusively to the Microsoft .NET Framework. The help screen from Intuit allowed a "contact us" question, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Does anybody know what might be causing this error given a system that works happily without problems otherwise and a brand new installation CD out of the box? Is there a possibility the CD itself is damaged or corrupt in some fashion?

St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 899 Posts

New Lounger
    Here are simple steps to fix Error 1603: There was a problem installing Flash Player in QuickBooks.

Check for Adobe Flash Player on your desktop:
    On the desktop of your PC:
    Windows 8 users – click the computer icon available at the top of Computer window
    Go to the control Panel and click any option – Uninstall or Change a program.
    Windows XP users – Go to Programs and search for Control Panel, and then go to Add or Remove Programs.
    Scan the list available and check for Adobe Flash Player

Steps to Uninstall Adobe Flash Player:
    Open the desktop of your computer
    Windows 8 users – tap on the Computer icon to open the window.
    Next, click Uninstall or change a program.
    Windows XP users – go to the Control Panel and then Add or Remove Programs as per requirement.
    Select the option Adobe Player and click the Remove button to remove the program.
    The Adobe Flash Player been uninstalled and therefore, it not available in the list.
    If Adobe Flash Player has been uninstalled or is not listed, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from Adobe’s web site.

Content From-