Thread: Win 7 v Modem

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just went to 7 from Vista, I have a full signal on my net connection, I cannot get connected internally, I used to get a log in page to my condos service, not now, and Mozilla and Google come up with the same message - timed out cannot find this page - being Google ? any direction appreciated. This seems to relate only to this log in page as I am now on my antiquated DTac USB nice & slow connection - no problem

Thanks
    Hi Peter, and welcome to the Lounge!

Is your condo service wireless wifi? Do I understand correctly that your computer no longer can see the condo service as an available wireless network? If so have you gone to the Network and Sharing Center and setup a Home network and selected to Change Advanced Sharing Settings and turned on Network Discovery & file and printer sharing?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Hi Peter, and welcome to the Lounge!

Is your condo service wireless wifi? Do I understand correctly that your computer no longer can see the condo service as an available wireless network? If so have you gone to the Network and Sharing Center and setup a Home network and selected to Change Advanced Sharing Settings and turned on Network Discovery & file and printer sharing?
    Hi, The service here is WiFi - my laptop sees the service and it shows as full strength connection, it goes straight to that situation - it does not come up with the log in page to input my user name & password ? - then it times out saying it cant find Google etc, those options are on now. When I open manage wireless networks the service here does not show as a saved connection, it does open on auto though ?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you right clicked the WiFi icon in the systray and selected connect to network?

There you should see the available connections, select your and the login screen should appear.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    If you right click the network Icon in the lower right corner, go to Network and Sharing Center, then go to Manage Wireless Networks (on the left side of the window) Click on your connection. The wireless network properties box has a security tab. You should be able to insert your network key word here along with your security level.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks all, I have sorted this out, it was an issue with the pre-loaded security key, all is good now - Cheers & thanks