Thanks
    I might be the only one that gets frustrated with the "forever" list of "New" items available on the ri9ght-click menu, but if I have company, they should check out http://www.nirsoft.net/ .

NirSoft has worked for some time with Microsoft as I understand it, and the "ShellMenuNew utility allows turning items in the New menu on or off safely and at will.

Nice.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Looks like an interesting set of utilities. Does anyone know of a link where I could download all of the utilities in one single zip file? I found one for all 64-bit utilities, but one one for everything. The way the site is arranged I would have to click a thousands links to get all the utilities. At least if the "all utilities" page had links to the zip files (instead of to an html file to each utility) I could use Download Them All in Firefox to grab them all. At least with Sysinternals it is easy to grab all of the utilities at once!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to open the CHM files that come with these tools - all I get is an empty help window with the error message "Navigation to this web page was canceled". I usually see this with older CHM files. Anyone else seeing this? BTW, I am running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. (I even fired up my XP virtual machine and tried opening the files there - same problem.)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Found the answer re CHM files - guess it helps to read the FAQ:

Q: When I try to open the help file of your utility (a file with .chm extension), I get the following error: "Navigation to the webpage was canceled", what should I do ?
    A: First, try to copy the chm file to your local drive, and then double-click it. If the problem continues, right-click the chm file, choose "Properties", and then click the 'Unblock' button. after that, you should be able to open chm file without problems. You can read more about problems with opening .chm files in this link.