Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My daughter is running Outlook 2007 on a Vista 64-bit laptop, and Outlook refuses to archive, whether automatically or manually. Whenever archiving is attempted, Outlook announces that the achiving has failed and that it has placed message in the Delete folder. That message always says this:

Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Personal Folders". Path does not exist. Verify the path is correct.
    Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store "Personal Folders". Path does not exist. Verify the path is correct.

I'm not certain what "path does not exist" means. Outlook.pst is in the same location on her machine as it is on my machine (relative to the user name). More as a matter of superstition than anything else, I also ran SCANPST.EXE, but it had no effect on the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JKerwin View Post
    My daughter is running Outlook 2007 on a Vista 64-bit laptop, and Outlook refuses to archive, whether automatically or manually. Whenever archiving is attempted, Outlook announces that the achiving has failed and that it has placed message in the Delete folder. That message always says this:

Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Personal Folders". Path does not exist. Verify the path is correct.
    Error while archiving folder "Sent Items" in store "Personal Folders". Path does not exist. Verify the path is correct.

I'm not certain what "path does not exist" means. Outlook.pst is in the same location on her machine as it is on my machine (relative to the user name).
    Outlook archiving moves messages to another PST file, not to some special "archive" set of folders within the active PST (which is probably "Ourlook.pst"), so you must create a target archive pst. (PST files sizes can be very large, so you may want to think about if Archiving is even necessary.)

Get into the autoarchive settings dialog and determine that a valid PST file other than Outlook.pst has been created.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS