Thanks
    I apologize all -- wrong forum.

I see that Outlook 2010 saves macros in vbaproject.otm, in the "C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Out look folder. But I can't seem to find where Word stores its macros.

Are Word macros stored in a (portable) file like Outlook's, and if so where?

If not, if they are part of normal.dotx, can I import macros from Outlook into Word?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Word saves its macros into templates. However, you can't save macros into dotx templates as that file type excludes macros - you have to use dotm templates instead.

The most common template used for macros is the Normal.dotm which is loaded whenever you open Word, irrespective of the attached template on the current open document.

However, macros from Outlook are likely to require a number of edits to work in Word. What does the macro do that would make you want it to also work in Word?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    Word saves its macros into templates. However, you can't save macros into dotx templates as that file type excludes macros - you have to use dotm templates instead.

The most common template used for macros is the Normal.dotm which is loaded whenever you open Word, irrespective of the attached template on the current open document.

However, macros from Outlook are likely to require a number of edits to work in Word. What does the macro do that would make you want it to also work in Word?

Hi Andrew;

It (the first one that came to my attention) was/is a call to an external program. The one is fairly easily reproducible, but it raises the question...

Regards,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"