Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a tool that lists Office 97/2000/XP/2003/2007 Updates already installed in a single computer?

I searched everywhere and it seems that not exists...

For Windows Updates there is: WinUpdatesList v1.23 by Nir Sofer (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wul.html)

Microsoft made the Office Update Inventory Tool 2.2 (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...402491033.aspx) that was used with Office Update Inventory Tool Catalog.

It was two tools used together:

Office Update Inventory Tool Version 2.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/2003ddl.htm)
    Invcm.exe
    Invcif.exe

BUT...

"Important Note: Starting August 1, 2009, Microsoft will discontinue support for the Office Update Inventory Tool. To continue getting the latest updates for Microsoft Office products, use Microsoft Update."
    (http://office.microsoft.com/OfficeUp...ryCatalog.html)

So now...

I mean a simple tool, not a complicated series of instructions, administrative points, permissions, always connected, in line with Internet, Microsoft Update, Windows Update, WSUS, IT knowledge, etc., etc., etc...

Anybody knows?

Many thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    For XP just click the "show updates" box at the top of the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel Applet.

For Vista & Win7 just look at installed updates - they are segregated by however the patch installer classified the program. Control Panel | Programs | Programs and Features | View installed updates.

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    For XP just click the "show updates" box at the top of the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel Applet.

For Vista & Win7 just look at installed updates - they are segregated by however the patch installer classified the program. Control Panel | Programs | Programs and Features | View installed updates.

Joe
    Yes, I know this!

What I was asking is a tool that let me see, print, check, etc. so I can run it in many machines and it brings to me an inventory of all the updates.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique Paff View Post
    What I was asking is a tool that let me see, print, check, etc. so I can run it in many machines and it brings to me an inventory of all the updates.
    Well, running something on many machines is much different from what you originally stated.

Is this for work?

Is this for patch management?

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, running something on many machines is much different from what you originally stated.

Is this for work?

Is this for patch management?

Joe
    Yes, it is for work and patch management.

Also I am searching a batch script to install the Windows (XP, Vista,7) and Office (2000, XP, 2003, 2007) updates in a machine after the Operating System with all the Service Packs is installed.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes, it is for work and patch management.

Also I am searching a batch script to install the Windows (XP, Vista,7) and Office (2000, XP, 2003, 2007) updates in a machine after the Operating System with all the Service Packs is installed.
    What is your objection to Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Home?

It is free, easy to install, easy to administer, and gives you a central reporting point.

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What is your objection to Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Home?

It is free, easy to install, easy to administer, and gives you a central reporting point.

Joe
    I don't need to install on a server to administer a network of machines. I need only for single machines, one at a time.

Thanks
    I need only for single machines, one at a time.
    Perhaps you can cobble together a script to automate MBSA.

If it works and you don't mind sharing your script, feel free to zip it up and post it here.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Perhaps you can cobble together a script to automate MBSA.

If it works and you don't mind sharing your script, feel free to zip it up and post it here.
    That will be OK, but I have limited knowledge in making batch and script lines.

I someone is interested in making such tool it will fabulous!