Thread: Win7 Updates

Lounger
    Thanks
    Have received two updates lately(one last Wed and one this morning. I have updates set to notify me before downloading because I would like to see what I am updating but have been unable to find a way to view them before downloading and once d\l only find a install button. Win7 Ultimate. Thanks for any help offered.
    I did try to search for an answer here but nothing found.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not a problem. Go to Control Panel, Windows Update. Click "Change Settings" in the left sidebar and select one of the following for "Important Updates":
    * "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them" (my preference as I install the recommended updates 99% of the time)
    * "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them"

See the attached screen shots for more info. Of course, if you really want to know when to avoid installing an update, then you read Windows Secrets regularly, which I assume you do being on this forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (179.2 KB, 0 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (137.6 KB, 0 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (140.0 KB, 0 views)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Where it says 'One important update available' click on the text and it will take you to a screen with a description. It may not be described as 'important', of course, and you may have to go back to Windows Updates to see that part of it at all.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Reid that should fix me up, had been there but just hadn't looked deep enough.
    Thanks Peterg believe I have it now.