Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a weird error going on which I can't find a resolution for.

I have a linked Excel table in my Database - Call it Table 1. It has a numerical field "Delivered", which holds a numerical value of '1' if an item has been delivered and is null if the item has not been delivered. I have checked numerous times that this is a (general) number cell. OK so far.

I am then deleting out data from another table (Table 2), and appending this "Delivered" data from Table 1. Therefore, "Delivered" from Table 1, goes into a field "Delivered" in Table 2, also a numerical field. Easy you should think - but for some weird reason, no matter how I try and configure these two fields (Long Integer/Integer/Double... whatever),, instead of a "1" in this column I geta 5 figure number like 40189 which then puts counts out elsewhere.....eek!!!

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    One workaround is to check to see if that field is null, and then force a 1 in your append query. But what you are attempting to do should work. My guess is that the conversion of that cell from Excel to Access thinks it is seeing a date of some sort - is the cell in Excel explicity set as numeric even for empty cells. The conversion process typically looks at a few rows to decide what sort of data it is seeing, and if the first n cells are empty, it may well treat it as text or a date.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Wendell - yes I had ensured that the source file was in a number format a number of times. I've got a work round by copying the data into another workbook and relinking - that seems to have got rid of the problem, so think it must have been a corrupted Excel file in some way. Thanks for your help!