Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Access 2000 installed on a computer

Now Iím trying to install Office Enterprise 2007 on same computer and itís not giving me the option to save Access 2000 and results in Access 2000 getting de-installed

How can I install Office Enterprise 2007 over Access 2000 so I can run both versions?

Thanks, John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried following the instructions in Information about using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office?

Also, don't forget to modify the shortcuts on your menu, after installation. Without this modification you won't be able to use Access 2000 from the start menu, even if it was not uninstalled. Full details are given in the above Microsoft KB article.

==
    James

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Even when you have succeeded with multiple Access installations, you may run into problems. See Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista/Windows 7 for some solutions.

Also there is some useful information at the Office Access 2007 in mixed environments section of Migration considerations for Access 2007.

==
    James

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Back in this Post John had 2007 and 2003 working together on the same machine.

So presumably there is something different about installing the Enterprise version.
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Office 2007 can be installed and work very nicely with previous version of Office. The process goes like this. (1) Create a folder under Program Files where Office 2007 is going to be installed. You can't do this during installation. You do have to ability to select where you want to install but you can't create the location during install. (2) Change your existing install to remove Outlook. Only one version of outlook is allowed. (3) Install Office 2007 using customize, select the folder you created in step 1 and tell the installation NOT to remove any previous Office installation.

After install, you can run either version of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access. Either version of Excel runs right away. When you run Word, Powerpoint, or Access between the two version, it will go through the process that happens the first time you run an office application after an office install. It wants to go through its first time configuration. Just let it do it.

I have been running Office 2003 Pro and Office 2007 Enterprise since 2007 came out without issue.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hutchison View Post
    Back in this Post John had 2007 and 2003 working together on the same machine.
    No - he had Access 2000, exactly the same as in this topic.
    So why is this a double-posted new topic?

The answer to the OP's question is select "Custom" in setup. There's no difference that I've found between Enterprise setup and any other edition setup.

For Microsoft's take on the matter, see Earlier versions of Office are removed when you run the 2007 Office Setup program

==
    James