New Lounger
    Thanks
    After expanding my O/S disk and thus deleting "Disk I' my windows 7 backup completes successfully but gives me the above error for the previously deleted Disk. More of an annoyance. I am looking for a registery change that can fix this and not necessarily a 'work-around.' My Computer, Device Manager, etc do NOT show any "Disk I." All help is appreciated.

Backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\.

Thanks
    Hi captfbgnet, and welcome to the Lounge!

Did you expand the O/S partition after backing up the partition? And what drive did you use as your destination drive? Was it "Disk I" ? or was it another internal partition or an external drive. Did the error message come up when you attempted to restore the backup?

Windows Backup detects all the drives currently connected to the computer when you set up your backup. If a partition is removed, Windows Backup has no way of knowing it, but it expects to still see a "disk I" when you restore, and when it does not it generates the error message. When you start Windows Backup next time, it should not report the presence of "Disk I". If it does, click on the "refesh" button, and your new backup should not give you another error message.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Hi captfbgnet, and welcome to the Lounge!

Did you expand the O/S partition after backing up the partition? And what drive did you use as your destination drive? Was it "Disk I" ? or was it another internal partition or an external drive. Did the error message come up when you attempted to restore the backup?

Windows Backup detects all the drives currently connected to the computer when you set up your backup. If a partition is removed, Windows Backup has no way of knowing it, but it expects to still see a "disk I" when you restore, and when it does not it generates the error message. When you start Windows Backup next time, it should not report the presence of "Disk I". If it does, click on the "refesh" button, and your new backup should not give you another error message.
    Thank you for the quick response, but no joy. Yes to your sentence #1, but used an external HD to back up to (H), NOT "Disk I." I have not yet used the 'restore' feature of Win 7 backup and thus the error did NOT come up as the result. Disk "I" does not show up as an 'available backup disk/location' (scheduling backup settings), but I went ahead and 'refreshed' anyways as you suggested. I then completed another BU and got the same error message as before.

Any other thoughts? Thanks again...