4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It is possible for me to send an email to all staff inside our mail system (via distribution list) that contains a link to a whole calendar under public folders? Not just an appointment. Not everyone knows how to find public folders in Outlook. This seems like the fastest and easiest way to get everyone on board with our remodel timeline.
    Daisy

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    It is possible for me to send an email to all staff inside our mail system (via distribution list) that contains a link to a whole calendar under public folders? Not everyone knows how to find public folders in Outlook.
    Yes, you can insert a link to the folder using in Include | Attach Item | LookIn (Outlook 2003 Insert | Item) in the message window. Or you can use a hyperlink in the form:

<Outlook://outlookinformationstorename/outlookfolderpath1/outlookfolderpath2/etc...>

using conventional html coding where a space must be %20, etc.

For a more on this hyperlinking see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm, and possibly

http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...dpost&p=480963

Alternatively, send users an explanation on how to add a specific Public Folder to their Favorites.

(For security reasons Outlook 2007 has actually reduced its capabilities in these areas; insert link may be problematic, and the "Outlook://" link format only works within Outlook, not outside it.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    Yes, you can insert a link to the folder using in Include | Attach Item | LookIn (Outlook 2003 Insert | Item) in the message window. Or you can use a hyperlink in the form:

<Outlook://outlookinformationstorename/outlookfolderpath1/outlookfolderpath2/etc...>
    The hyperlink works. Until you mentioned it I forgot about the %20. If you don't mine a second question: How do I forgot the calendar to always come up in a full month view?
    Daisy