Thread: Open Office

Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a section for Open Office Questions and Answers or are they discussed in this forum?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Randall View Post
    Is there a section for Open Office Questions and Answers or are they discussed in this forum?
    My view is that specific questions about Writer or Calc would go into the Word Processing and Spreadsheets forum as appropriate, but any general questions about OO as a whole would be posted to this forum.

Mind you, I'm not a mod, and I'm sure one will be along in a moment if I'm wrong!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfamily View Post
    My view is that specific questions about Writer or Calc would go into the Word Processing and Spreadsheets forum as appropriate, but any general questions about OO as a whole would be posted to this forum.

Mind you, I'm not a mod, and I'm sure one will be along in a moment if I'm wrong!
    .... but then again, a Mod could come along and confirm that what you've said is just right!
    Gre

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. Do either of you have any experience with OO Writer making labels or envelopes?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As an active member of the separate OpenOffice.org forum, you may have more chances to find answers to your questions there.
    This eco-post is made of recycled electrons

Lounger
    Thanks
    http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.org/index.html

I use this site frequently to help me with open office. I have both Oo and msft Office, but prefer to use Oo whenever I can which is the majority of the time. Your answer is here...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Randall View Post
    Thanks. Do either of you have any experience with OO Writer making labels or envelopes?
    Wes, if you go to the OO web pages, there's a section with add-ons and extensions most of which have been submitted by users. I've seen several that were developed specifically for labels and envelopes. I think they were in the Productivity category. The download pages for each add-on or extension also usually have space for users to post questions or comments about the extension. You might want to be sure to check for user comments as that will tell you how well the extension works. I think also that some of the commercial programs for making labels now are coming out with versions that support the OpenOffice applications. If you can find one with a free trial, that might get you through a crunch.
    Hope you can find something that works!
    Katie

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Katie will give it a try. I had always been able to do this in MS Wod but for some reason just can't master it in OO.