5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello. (PowerPoint 2003)

I'm going to demonstrate recording of macros within PowerPoint 2003. Any suggestions as to what might be a useful (recorded) macro?

I know that I'm likely to have problems if I try to add objects or shapes to a slide, as the code tends to generate specific references to
    slide numbers and object names. But there must be something useful that can be done just be recording?!

Thanks, Andy.

Thanks
    For me in PPT, macros fall into two categories.
    1. Macros that act and interact during a presentation.
    2. Macros that are tools for building a presentation.
    I think those are useful distinctions.

Now perhaps others will chime in with ideas for category one.
    But tools I've built for myself include:
    • Slide timing totals for automated presentations
    • Copy and paste tools for copying and pasting formats and or animations from object to object from slide to slide.
    I have to say that as PPT has advanced - many of my tools have become obsolete.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you.

I'm not sure I can record much when running a show - it says go to slide show, go to next slide, exit show - probably not much else?

I assume you mean that if I record applying 10 timings to a sequence of slides, when I run it will apply the same timings to the current
    sequence of ten slides?
    I will try copying and pasting formats etc., as suggested, but if I click on a specific shape it will use that shapes name. Perhaps if I tab
    to a second or third object on the slide it might work.

Thanks again. Andy.

Thanks
    I'm thinking further about my suggestions. In order to make them work, - you'd need to edit the macros in the VBA editor.
    But you simply want to display the macro recording function?

In all honesty - I can't think of anything useful to do with a purely recorded macro in PPT.
    Perhaps someone else will chime in with a good suggestion.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi again.
    Yes I just want to demonstrate recording. There isn't much useful to do that can't be done just by copying, pasting, deleting, etc.

However, if I select a shape before recording, I can make it a specific size and add a specific shadow to it. I can then align
    it to the right of the slide. (I can't move it really because that generates code that increments it's position..)

I presume Microsoft removed macro recording in 2007 because no one could make use of it. Andy.