New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    When I installed windows update MS09-065KB my Gateway laptop wouldn't boot. After getting things back, I just didn't install this update, which my Trend Micro wants, and then, when I installed the Explorer update the same thing happened. I'd like to update but now I'm nervous. Can anyone tell me if it's safe to update?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It may be that you have a corrupt Windows installation, or a virus.
    I would be inclined to back up all your data and settings and start afresh, preferably with a new hard disk to guarantee no data loss.

cheers, Paul

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendancer View Post
    Hi,
    When I installed windows update MS09-065KB my Gateway laptop wouldn't boot. After getting things back, I just didn't install this update, which my Trend Micro wants, and then, when I installed the Explorer update the same thing happened. I'd like to update but now I'm nervous. Can anyone tell me if it's safe to update?
    Did you check the known issues at MS09-065: Vulnerabilities in Windows kernel-mode drivers could allow remote code execution?

Have you checked the Gateway support site to see if there is an issue with MS09-065?

Have you done thorough malware scans?

Joe
    Joe