Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello

I beleive I am experiencing a similar problem. Quite frequently, web pages hang, or fail to load.
    My home network has 3 desktops (wired) and two laptops (wireless). Operating systems are primarily XP but one of the desktops is W2K. (Router is a DLink 614+).
    This problem occurs regardless of the browser being used, iether IE8, IE6, Firefox or Chrome.
    Genereally browsing will go along fine, and clicking a link, entering an address or any action and the browser will hang. Generally, it will provide the graphic stating it is actively working, but nothing happens.
    If I diagnose a connection problem, it reports everything is excellent.
    I have reboted my router, but I can't determine if this works (sometimes it does, but not always). Sometimes hitting refresh multiple times does, sometimes opening a link in a new page does...

As this problem appears cross platform and browser, would it be safe to assume that this is a router problem? If so, how could I check this? Even with the problem, the router seems to be working (i.e. I can see other computers)

Any help would be appreciated

K

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Got myself a different (brand) router and so far I can report that that solved the issue for me. Not very helpful for others maybe, I realize, but that's it. (I will report back if I see this again).

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikJan View Post
    Got myself a different (brand) router and so far I can report that that solved the issue for me. Not very helpful for others maybe, I realize, but that's it. (I will report back if I see this again).
    Glad you seem to have it worked out. Thanks for posting back.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12