New Lounger
    Thanks
    Multiple Attachments KB 840392 describes an error where copying multiple attachments from one Outlook message to another looks like it works, but only copies the content of the first attachment. This failure occurs if the source message is closed before pasting the copied messages to the target.

How are you advising users to avoid this error:

1. Always keep source message open while copying attachments?
    2. Always copy one attachment at a time?
    3. Save attachments to a local drive and insert in the target message?
    4. Zip multiple attachments?

Better ideas?
    Bob Blacksberg

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rblacksberg View Post
    Multiple Attachments KB 840392 describes an error where copying multiple attachments from one Outlook message to another looks like it works, but only copies the content of the first attachment. This failure occurs if the source message is closed before pasting the copied messages to the target. How are you advising users to avoid this error:
    1. Always keep source message open while copying attachments?
    2. Always copy one attachment at a time?
    3. Save attachments to a local drive and insert in the target message?
    4. Zip multiple attachments?
    I rarely see users try to use the clipboard to copy a set of atts from one message to another (or even one att, for that matter). The safest method is your #3. I'd also consider either forwarding the existing message and changing the text and recipients, or inserting the old message as an attachment to the new one. I personally lean to the latter because it's faster, but some less proficient users don't recognize the attached message icon, and there are times you don't want to provide the content of the old message to new recipients. So it kinda all depends, doesn't it?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS