New Lounger
    Thanks
    In Windows 7, if you set up a back up schedule for the Windows Back Up, how do you get it to work if the computer is in sleep mode? The Power Plans all include sleep mode and unless I check never, which is really defeating the purpose, I can't get the schedule to work.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Two of (the many) options that exist under Control Panel->Admin Tools->Scheduled Tasks are Reactivate to Carry Out the Task (Conditions->Power-Third Item) and Carry Out the Task as Soon as Possible after a Scheduled Time has been Missed (Properties->Second Item). The Scheduled Tasks will start whatever program you nominate for whatever purpose you wish.

Can you please let us know a bit more about your circumstances and, for instance, why these two options would not work for you?

P.S. You may find the wording on your machine slightly different. I am translating from a German Language version of Windows 7.
    Gre

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Click on the Start Orb, begin typing "Task Scheduler" in the search box, click on "Task Scheduler" (note - if your account is not an administrator right click "Task Scheduler" and selct "Run as administrator"). Find the backup task, right click on it and select Properties. On the "Conditions" tab, select what you need in the "Power" section.

Joe

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for your help. I didn't know how to access the properties.