New Lounger
    Thanks
    We have numerous occasions when we need to have a DRAFT watermark embedded within a document so that it shows when it is printed or pdf’d. I have tried inserting a macro within the template. When I start to record the macro, I go to the header/footer, select WordArt so that it puts the watermark (DRAFT) within the header/footer, but then when I try to select the word to format it (bring to front), and move to the middle of the page, it will not let me select it. Am I doing something wrong?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you followed the instructions in this How to create watermarks ... knowledge base article? You don't really need a macro to insert the watermark.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The reason I wanted a macro within the template is because I use the DRAFT watermark a lot, and I wanted to create a button on the toolbar so that just by pressing it, the draft watermark would appear behind the document (within the header/footer) which would save me putting it in manually every time. If I do put the watermark in manually (not recording a macro) it works fine and I can select the watermark and move it about on the page, but as soon as I start recording a macro, I cannot select the watermark and move it to where I would like it (diagonally across the page). I did it many times in Word 2000, but it doesn't seem to work in Word 2003.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peeky_boo View Post
    If I do put the watermark in manually (not recording a macro) it works fine and I can select the watermark and move it about on the page, but as soon as I start recording a macro, I cannot select the watermark and move it to where I would like it (diagonally across the page). I did it many times in Word 2000, but it doesn't seem to work in Word 2003.
    Generally speaking, you cannot record mouse actions in a macro, so you need to think about alternate ways to navigate and select. In this case, using Shift+LeftArrow will select the WordArt object. You then can use the toolbar or the context menu key on your keyboard (but not right-click) to call up the formatting dialog. Does it work for you? If recording fails, you can research the methods to set the position in code. Please post back if you need assistance with that.