Thanks
    I created a spreadsheet in .xls format. I sent it out to a client, and when I got it back it was in .xlsx format. When I did a Save As to .xls, the compatiblity checker said 3 cells have have formatting that is not compatible with .xls format. How can I find out which 3 cells are the problem?

Thanks

Thanks
    The compatibility checker has a find option (circled in red)[attachment=88092:compatibility.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    The message I receive does not have the Find shown.
    I'd paste the image, can't figure out how to do it.
    You can see it here on this page, scroll down a little. http://dearmicrosoftofficeteam.blogs...please_03.html

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately the Find option is not alway available. If there is only formatting using a color not available in 2003, only the help option is available.
    Using the [Copy yo New Sheet] in Catherine's example, will produce a hyperlink to the cells that have the "Significant loss of functionality" while, with my example, the [Copy to New Sheet] merely states the same message concerning the "Minor loss of fidelity", but without the location references.

Thanks
    So there is no way to find out which cells are the issue? The file has 18 sheets so it would be difficult to look for them. But I need to find out what was changed when I sent it out.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    The message I receive does not have the Find shown.
    I'd paste the image, can't figure out how to do it.
    You can see it here on this page, scroll down a little. http://dearmicrosoftofficeteam.blogs...please_03.html
    If it is a matter of formatting, then it is likely that - for most practical purposes - the change in formatting would make little difference.

After all, what you are looking for is changes the client has made to the values. The format that the client chose to indicate these changes is very likely to be of less importance.
    Gre

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Wagner View Post
    If it is a matter of formatting, then it is likely that - for most practical purposes - the change in formatting would make little difference.
    Thanks for the input, but I'm not willing to make that assumption and cross my fingers. I'd to find out what was changed. Seems like there should be a way to do this.

Thanks
    Well, If you want to compare your original file with the returned one (and I'll disregard the formatting for now) I would create a 3rd file which will hold the comparison results. Then I would use that handy excel 4 macro (funny how often its' come up lately) Get.Cell and use it to compare the values in each cell. In this thread we are discussing something similar.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    OK I will take a look into that.

Thanks