2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've got a customer who is complaining that they sporadically see Word documents with "duplicate lines" displayed from our application. If they minimize the window and then restore, the problem goes away. I've got to think this is a video card issue, but they insist their driver software is up to date. Anybody have any ideas?

Dan

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You're probably right that this is a video card/graphics driver issue. If the customer is using Windows XP, they can try changing the graphics acceleration by going to Control Panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced button > Troubleshoot tab, and try setting the Hardware acceleration setting two or three notches lower. (There's a different way to set this in Vista/Windows 7, don't have that info at hand.)

Gary

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've seen garbling when I've down-zoomed to 80% or so, too. Well, maybe that's just in the Net -- refreshing clears it.

In Word I've seen that Verdana font (which I like) doesn't always display or even print properly, so I don't use it in client documents. This is, I suppose, another driver issue, but trying a different font might be interesting.